PT Instagram 📸: @am_dpt
Annie graduated from The University of Pittsburgh with her Doctorate in Physical Therapy in April 2019 and completed her undergraduate work at Penn State University with a Bachelor of Science degree in Kinesiology with a Movement Science focus.
Having played (and injured herself playing) multiple sports, she has a strong interest and background in orthopedic and sports related injuries as well as post-operative rehabilitation. She's extremely passionate about helping everyone, especially girls and women, get into gyms for strength training and injury prevention training since she didn't have access to that growing up playing team sports.
Throughout her DPT program, she helped run injury prevention screenings for various running groups and freshman dancer screenings for Point Park University, along with providing race day medical support for The Pittsburgh Marathon. She continues to enjoy participating in community events in the Northern Virginia area now by bringing the benefits of physical therapy to everyone! Recently she has volunteered for the Marine Corps Marathon, Gravel Grinder Nationals, Belleau Wood 8k and Crossroads Trail 15k, as well as Vienna Youth Soccer and the Washington Dutch Lions. She specializes in finding innovative ways to challenge her patients via a total body system approach (i.e. - yes your old ankle sprain might be affecting your knee, hip, back etc!). She aims to prescribe sport-specific rehabilitation as well as help all patients get back to the activities they’re passionate about. Her main goal: to help you get back to whatever it is you enjoy!
As a Pittsburgh native, she's an avid Steelers and Penguins fan.
- Schedule a FREE 15 min intro call: Calendly
- If you don't see availability listed below on a day/time that you need, please feel free to message/email me!
Monday: Afternoons, Evenings
Tuesday: Early mornings, Mornings, Afternoons
Wednesday: Afternoons, Evenings
Thursday: Early mornings, Mornings, Afternoons
Certifications and Credentials
- Doctor of Physical Therapy
- Healthcare Provider (BLS) Adult, Child, and Infant CPR/AED
- BFR Trained
- Barbell Rehab Method (BRM) Certified
- Credentialed APTA Clinical Instructor
- Pennsylvania State University - BS Kinesiology 2013
- University of Pittsburgh DPT 2019
Locations: Arlington, Alexandria, Fairfax, McLean
- Post-operative care, ACL-R, knee pain, hip pain, total joint replacements, spinal surgery, general low back pain, upper extremity injuries, neck pain, whiplash, nagging issues from previous injuries, over-use injuries/pain
- Sports & Return to Sport/Performance
- Personal & professional experience: Soccer, Volleyball, Softball
- Professional Expererience: Crew, Baseball, Runners, Marathoners, Triathletes, Hockey, Tennis, Golf
- Any motivated individual who wants to get and stay active!
- *Professional and personal special interest in lower extremity and ACL injuries/rehab*
- Tactical Personnel
- Armed forces (active duty and retired/civilian), reserves, firefighters, police, EMT etc
- Weekend Warriors
- The Female/Womxn Athlete
- Athletic Pelvic Floor (external only)
- Physical Therapy Yearly Exam
- Blood Flow Retriction Training
- Can be incorporated into PT plan of care if deemed appropriate and safe for patient
Verify Insurance Benefits Here!
- LGBTQ+ & BIPOC friendly! 🏳️🌈🏳️⚧️ 👊👊🏻👊🏼👊🏽👊🏾👊🏿
- Extensive personal history with physical therapy:
- I'm the only person I know that "broke my hip" at age 12 (avulsion fracture of ASIS, thanks soccer!)
- I also "broke my butt" (coccyx fracture, thanks trying to learn how to snowboard!)
- I've experienced poor rehab personally during my own ACL-R recovery at age 19 and am extremely passionate about ensuring no one else has the same experience I did.
- I do want to pet your dog please!
- I worked at a distillery during PT school - lets talk bourbon, whiskey, & cocktails!
- My favorite job still to this day was working at Kayak Pittsburgh part-time while I was a rehab aide applying to PT school. Why?
- outside ✔️, sunshine ✔️ (most of the time), free work outs launching and pulling people in all day ✔️, getting to help and educate people ✔️ near water ✔️ free kayaking/paddleboarding/canoeing ✔️