➡️ Make an appointment here: calendly.com/schoonover
➡️ Initial evaluations: $240.00/hr (2022)
➡️ Follow-up appointments: $210.00/hr (2022)
➡️ GAF appointments: $55.00/hr (2022)
Hannah’s work is grounded in holistic medicine, with emphasis on wellness and the mind/body connection to improve their patients’ quality of life. Their primary professional focus is in pelvic health, with a particular passion for treating those who identify outside of the cisgender binary. They utilize hands-on myofascial release techniques as a main treatment tool. They promote a safe and inclusive environment for all bodies and aim to incorporate collaborative care whenever possible.
Hannah Schoonover earned their Doctorate of Physical Therapy (DPT) in 2014 from Ithaca College.
Hannah's post-graduate education includes coursework in pelvic health through Herman & Wallace and the APTA, myofascial release with John F. Barnes, visceral manipulation through the Barral Institute, and Core Synchronism with Source Medicine’s Keagha Carscallen and the New Mexico School of Natural Therapeutics. They have experience in outpatient orthopedic and aquatic-based physical therapy environments with additional training in Bad Ragaz Ring Method.
Internal & external pelvic floor PT - Gender-affirming care - Kink-affirming care - Myofascial release - Gua sha - Cupping - HAES - Fat-affirming care - Aquatic PT - Pregnancy & postpartum care - Hypermobility support (hEDS, HSD, POTS)
Hannah originally hails from upstate New York and currently lives in NW DC with their two cats, Max and Mortimer.
Lectures & publications:
• 2018 - Lecturer at the DC ACNM 3rd Annual Health and Wellness Symposium
• 2019 - Co-lecturer with Dr. Hollis Herman DPT, OCS, BCB-PMD, IF, CSC, PRPC at The Endometriosis Summit
• 2019 - Interviewee for the APTA's Move Forward Radio ("Treating Pelvic Pain in Transgender People: Keys to Respectful Care")
• 2020 - Lecturer for medical practitioners at Whitman Walker ("Pelvic Health PT: What is it good floor?")
• 2020 - Lecturer for the Association of Independent Midwives of Maryland ("PT and the Pelvic Floor: Putting the 'fun' back in 'functional!'")
• 2021 - Guest lecturer for Howard University's PT in Special Populations "Gender Health" module ("Health Considerations for the LGBTQIA+ Community"
• 2021 - Contributing essayist for Trans Sex: Clinical Approaches to Trans Sexualities and Erotic Embodiments by Lucie Fielding
• 2021 - Guest lecturer for St George's University of London ("Inclusive Pelvic Health: Clinical Expectations & Realities")
• 2022 - Guest lecturer for Howard University's PT in Special Populations "Gender Health" module ("PT Considerations for the LGBTQIAP2+ Community")
Hannah is a phenomenal provider and I would 1000 percent recommend working with them. Hannah is affirming, knowledgeable and fun to work with. They have been so helpful with both my pelvic health and my other physical therapy needs. From before meeting Hannah and filling out their intake form, to sessions and all my health questions and needs, they have been one of the best medical providers I have ever been to. Highly recommend!Kimberly, Jun 21
Professional, respectful, and humane! Always helping me with pelvic floor pain!Aline, Sep 04
Hannah worked with me for months to help me improve my structural pelvic floor problems. Hannah was incredibly kind, patient, and understanding, and gave informative answers to all of my questions. I always left our appointments feeling like I was making progress and being guided along a clear plan for improvement. After working with Hannah, my pelvic floor pain and discomfort is vastly improved and my quality of life is one thousand times better. I feel like I was lucky to work with Hannah, who I can't recommend enough as a physical therapist.Jonathan, Oct 14
While I have had only two appointments with Hannah so far they have already made a world of difference. Not only did they isolate and provide solutions for my problem, but found a creative way to get my partner involved to help address the issue which is helping immensely. They are a true asset to Trans & Gender Diverse clients and I will be recommending them to everyone I can.Talia, Apr 23