➡️ Check out my availability: calendly.com/schoonover
➡️ For any BCHW patients, the price is $180.00 per hour
➡️ For any GAF patients, the price is $55.00 per hour
Hannah’s work is grounded in holistic medicine, with emphasis on wellness and the mind/body connection to improve their patients’ quality of life. Their primary professional focus is in pelvic health, with a particular passion for treating those who identify outside of the cisgender binary. They utilize hands-on myofascial release techniques as a main treatment tool. They promote a safe and inclusive environment for all bodies and aim to incorporate collaborative care whenever possible.
Hannah Schoonover earned their Doctorate of Physical Therapy (DPT) in 2014 from Ithaca College.
Hannah's post-graduate education includes coursework in pelvic health through Herman & Wallace and the APTA, myofascial release with John F. Barnes, visceral manipulation through the Barral Institute, and Core Synchronism with Source Medicine’s Keagha Carscallen and the New Mexico School of Natural Therapeutics. They have experience in outpatient orthopedic and aquatic-based physical therapy environments with additional training in Bad Ragaz Ring Method.
Internal & external pelvic floor PT - Gender-affirming care - Kink-affirming care - Myofascial release - Gua sha - Cupping - Aquatic PT - Pregnancy & postpartum care - Hypermobility support (hEDS, HSD, POTS)
Hannah originally hails from upstate New York and currently lives in NW DC with their two cats, Max and Mortimer.
Lectures & publications:
• 2018 - Lecturer at the DC ACNM 3rd Annual Health and Wellness Symposium
• 2019 - Co-lecturer with Dr. Hollis Herman DPT, OCS, BCB-PMD, IF, CSC, PRPC at The Endometriosis Summit
• 2019 - Interviewee for the APTA's Move Forward Radio ("Treating Pelvic Pain in Transgender People: Keys to Respectful Care")
• 2020 - Lecturer for medical practitioners at Whitman Walker ("Pelvic Health PT: What is it good floor?")
• 2020 - Lecturer for the Association of Independent Midwives of Maryland ("PT and the Pelvic Floor: Putting the 'fun' back in 'functional!'")
• 2021 - Guest lecturer for Howard University's PT in Special Populations "Gender Health" module ("Health Considerations for the LGBTQIA+ Community"
• 2021 - Contributing essayist for Trans Sex: Clinical Approaches to Trans Sexualities and Erotic Embodiments by Lucie Fielding
* 2021 - Guest lecturer for St George's University of London ("Inclusive Pelvic Health: Clinical Expectations & Realities")
Hannah is a phenomenal provider and I would 1000 percent recommend working with them. Hannah is affirming, knowledgeable and fun to work with. They have been so helpful with both my pelvic health and my other physical therapy needs. From before meeting Hannah and filling out their intake form, to sessions and all my health questions and needs, they have been one of the best medical providers I have ever been to. Highly recommend!Kimberly, Jun 21
Professional, respectful, and humane! Always helping me with pelvic floor pain!Aline, Sep 04